Rich men and women are made by words.

I cannot give you the formular for success, but I can give you the formular for failure. Which is; try to please everybody.

Monday, April 18, 2011

DO NOT DWELL ON THE PAST

This is what the Lord says-

he who made a way through the sea, a path through the mighty waters...Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. Isaiah 43:18


Do not dwell on your past success, business, happiness, friendship, relationship, etc. Do not dwell on the past life. Stop blaming yourself for what couldn't go on well in the past. And do not keep the pains of yesterday.

If things didn't go on well (probably last year, last month, last week, yesterday), let them go. Don't start your day worrying about bad things that happened the day before. Remember what the psalmist said

"this is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it" psalm 118:24.


You can't do anything about the past. However, you can make plans today to have a better tomorrow. God knows your future more than you knew your past. The only truth about the past is it hinders you from receiving the best from the Lord.

Paul said in

Philippians 3:13 that "...But one thing I do: forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." NIV


In verse 19 of Isaiah 43, God said

"see, I am doing a new thing (in your life)! Now it shall spring up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland"


God will not say what He can't do. As a matter of fact,

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE WITH HIM;

Mark 10:17. He is what He says He is. If He says He is doing a new thing in your life, it means He is doing a new thing in your life. He is faithful. Where your strength ends is where He begins. He will never leave you, nor forsake you. Where there is no Hope, He brings hope. Where there is no Joy, He brings joy.

I know the God I serve. He is I am that I am. He is the first and the last. I know what He can do in just a minute. He is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think. He can do it for you.

He is telling you today to forget the former things and focus on what He can do for you today and tomorrow.

God bless you as you leave the past behind in Jesus' Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment